Presales Solutions Consultant – Multiple various locations across the US possible
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a cutting-edge organization?
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As part of the ALM PreSales team, you will engage with the Sales team to facilitate sales primarily of the ALM software solution in conjunction with existing sales campaigns. You will engage with potential and existing customers to understand customer needs and high-level requirements. You must be able to utilize knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, support solution positioning by preparing and delivering demonstrations of the technical capabilities of the proposed solutions to customers. You will speak with authority on our customer's business issues, and how SISW can improve their business and typically work under minimal supervision on assignments/projects of diverse scope and scale. And as part of the software sales team, participate in the sales process to facilitate sales of software.
• Gather high level customer business and technical requirements, understand existing information technology infrastructure and determine customers business needs as part of the sales effort
• Support the selection of appropriate suites of technology and proposal development for customer solution process improvement which ensure the interoperability and effectiveness of the overall solution within the context of the customer's business
• Contribute to sales pursuit milestones. Contributes to sales pursuit milestones
• Work closely with Sales to ensure successful closure of the sales process
• Develop customized solutions in the context of demonstrations and proof of value activities
• Contribute in the response to customer RFIs and RFPs, as part of sales effort
• Build relationships with other PreSales employees, Sales, Services, and Partners
• Interface with the services project team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
• Use corporate applications, e-mails, and communication vehicles
• Engage in product training to maintain high product knowledge
• Develop job related expertise and communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• 5+ years’ relevant experience in the areas of PreSales and Technical Consulting
• 3+ years’ experience with Requirement Management solutions
• Knowledge and/or Interest in the following areas: Process models (Agile, SAFe, V-Model, Hybrid, Scrum), Technical (Java development, Velocity & Wiki scripting, HTML, Subversion, PostgreSQL), Requirement engineering, Configuration management, Version management, Change management, Problem tracking, Task management, Project management, Related Product tools such as IBM Doors, IBM RTC, Doors NG, PTC MKS Integrity, Jama, JIRA, Codebeamer, Blueprint Software, HP ALM, and Microsoft TFS (Azure DevOps), Git (GitHub), Bitbucket
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
• Achieved a BS degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
• Possess strong problem solving and prioritization skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at working with multiple types/levels of stakeholders
• Customer-focused mindset
• Interest in learning new technologies in varied industries
• Automotive industry knowledge a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.