A Linux Lead developer with experience in embedded Linux runtime environment (Debian preferred). The ideal candidate should have recent hands-on development expertise with the major aspects of embedded Linux (embedded HW architectures, the Linux kernel, build environments, etc.). The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions. The candidate must also be comfortable working in a team environment and working directly with partners and customers. On occasion, travel may be required to meet with community organizations, partners, and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Applicant should possess at least a Bachelor degree in Electronics/Computer/Software engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Applicant must have at least 5-7 years of experience developing software for Linux systems.
Applicant must have significant experience one of more of the following:
- Experience with Debian Linux. Including packages, distribution, build environment and integration.
- Real-Time Linux
- Security methods and frameworks in Linux
- Linux kernel and kernel module development
- Linux driver development (e.g. usb, block, character, wireless, network stack)
- Linux kernel debugging skills (e.g. kgdb, lttng, systemtap, jtag, etc.)
- Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management
- Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
In addition to above, applicant should possess several of the following:
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Implement and maintain a Debian based distribution aimed at Industrial applications.
- Work cross functionality across multiple groups, geographies and timezones.
- Port the Linux kernel to new boards and uprev BSPs to new kernel versions
- Work with customers directly to get issues localized and resolved
- Design and implement services built upon software products, open source components, and/or custom platforms
- Create functional design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product documentation and provide appropriate input to other parties involved in various projects
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens EDA (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time