Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.Responsibilities:
- Maintain high-availability production systems and large integrated environments.
- Develop/maintain in-house utilities to automate/facilitate development & releasing activities.
- Manage continuous integration frameworks, Enterprise Monitoring and alert notification.
- Retrofit solutions into already established workflows and development methodologies
- Ability to explore, evaluate, integrate, and deploy state of the art Third-party tools for Development/Testing and Releasing teams.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Familiar with DevOps pipeline and Agile principles.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills, including the ability to investigate, isolate and remedy hardware and software defects.
- Has a service-oriented attitude by being able to Multi-task/Fast context-switching/Accepting interrupts.
- Preferably has knowledge in Continuous Integration, and SDLC process/tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Source Control Management (Perforce, GIT) configuration, management and tuning is preferred.
- Solid knowledge in any of the following languages (e.g. Perl/Csh/Bash/Tcl/Java Script/Python) is a huge plus!
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration is a plus.
- Configuration management (Puppet, Tanium) to standardize environments is preferred.
- DevOps Infrastructure as Code and deployment of micro-services is a plus!
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time