Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: MDP Product Engineer
Job Reference #: 330131
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Mentor Graphics is now Siemens EDA
The Product Engineer reports to the Product Marketing Director but takes day-to-day guidance from the relevant Product Manager. The Product Engineer’s role is to support the product through its life cycle by performing the following tasks: Learning about the application field for the products through interaction with customers, other engineers and industry peers, through independent literature research and by attending relevant technical conferences; Understanding how the product interacts within the application field to be able to communicate customer requirements to R&D; Demonstrate product features to customers and collect feedback about product applicability and requirements; Contributing to application development and functional validation of software solutions developed by the engineering team; Developing test cases for the quality assurance group in their testing of user scenarios; Filing enhancement and defect reports to address product gaps and defects; work with R&D to communicate requirements and test prospective solutions; Providing applications engineer training and support for product deployment.
The primary roles and responsibilities include:
- Support key customer engagements such as benchmarks, feature evaluation, tool/flow deployment etc.
- Develop and deliver training materials to customers and field.
- Develop Marketing Requirement Documents (MRDs), from customer requirements and industry trends, that describe product features with sufficient detail that Software Development engineers can develop new features accurately
- Work closely with R&D, QA, and field to bring features to production, including testing and characterizing new features, filing defect reports and enhancement requests, developing materials to track and communicate development.
- Promote MDP products by creating marketing materials that characterize new features, write application notes, and conference papers to communicate new feature flows to customers, field, and industry.
- Travel to customer sites when required to provide technical support and to receive customer feedback. Participate in and sometimes lead telecom meetings with customers and/or with internal Siemens’ personnel.
- Develop an understanding of the markets Siemens EDA products serve by doing literature research and by attending technical conferences.
- Develop test cases and test methodology to test existing and new product functionality and to troubleshoot problems or failures identified with internal testing or by customers.
To satisfactorily perform in the role of Product Engineer, an incumbent should possess the following education, experience, and competencies:
- Master's degree or foreign academic equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field OR Bachelor's degree or foreign academic equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and five (5) years of progressive experience in a related occupation.
- Position requires academic or industry experience in the following: Calibre DRC/MDP/MPC/OPC tools (or similar tools from other EDA companies); C/C++, Python, Perl, TCL or any high level programming language; LINUX operating system along with shell scripting; Digital Image Processing; and Integrated Circuit Design skills.
- The successful candidate will support our Mask Data Prep (MDP) and related product line. Desirable domain knowledge characteristics in one or more of the following: optics, photolithography, electron beam lithography, electronic design automation, TCAD, integrated circuit design, physical verification and mask data prep.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.