Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an RWE Researcher.
Evidence (RWE) Researcher Job Description
collaboration with our strategic partner, Prisma Health, the RWE Researcher will
be a highly flexible, collaborative and innovative individual, committed to
provide the best possible service to our customer and other stakeholders. The RWE
Researcher will actively involve all stakeholders, both from Siemens
Healthineers and Prisma Health, in the design and implementation of RWE studies
and publications. The incumbent will be responsible for designing and
conducting RWE research, and identifying the best methods based on research
goals and available resources for Healthineers and our partner Prisma Health.
The RWE Researcher will publish the research results in peer-reviewed journals.
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 acute care and specialty hospitals, 2,947 beds, approximately 300 outpatient sites, and nearly 5,000 employed and clinically integrated network physicians and providers, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually in its 21-county market area that covers 50% of South Carolina. Prisma Health’s goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Interested well qualified candidates may also be considered for a joint academic appointment and adjunct faculty status with one of Prisma Health’s Health Sciences Centers’ academic partners, Clemson University, Furman University, and the University of South Carolina (https://schealthsciencescenter.org/health-sciences-center).
The primary location for this position is the Prisma Health Corporate Office, Greenville, SC. Consideration will be given to Siemens Healthineers offices in Malvern, PA; Cary, NC; Hoffman Estates, IL; Mountain View CA; Knoxville, TN; Princeton, NJ; or 100% remote.
This Role Has The Following Primary Responsibilities
· Build relationships in research collaborations with RWE Researchers, physicians, researchers, and clinical staff at Siemens Healthineers and Prisma Health.
· Jointly with Prisma Health and Siemens Healthineers team members identify the research question, formulate the hypothesis, plan the experiments, record the observations and data, analyze the data, and draw conclusions.
· Complete major scientific tasks for research and evaluation projects including study design, project development, data analysis, scientific oversight and manuscript preparation in accordance with nationally accepted ethical and regulatory guidelines.
· This involves the application of RWE study design, statistical theories, and technical programming skills to analyze clinical, survey, claims, and electronic medical record databases.
· Research, prepare, and coordinate scientific publications by writing high-quality medically/scientifically accurate deliverables including manuscripts for publications in medical/scientific journals, abstracts for submission to medical/scientific conferences, poster content for presentation including management of revisions, comments, reviews and formal submissions.
· Contribute to best practices for the team as it relates to RWE study design, model development and validation, data organization and programming standards.
· Keep apprised of technical developments in the field and share best practices.
projects with minimal supervision and coordinates production of deliverables.
· Relevant research experience; PhD in Health Economics, Biostatistics/Statistics, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant scientific discipline.
· The ideal candidate has expertise in RWE health research in digital health and artificial intelligence technologies, that are used to improve health outcomes, workflow, quality of care, and costs of care.
· Experience with a proven successful track record of RWE scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
· Experience working with a range of real-world data (RWD) such as hospital chargemaster data, electronic health records (EHR), medical claims data, patient registries, patient-reported outcomes (PRO)s or other data sources.
· Experience in having successfully delivered RWE projects from conceptualization to publication using large healthcare databases.
· Experience in R or any other tools for RWD statistical analysis such as Python, SAS, SPSS, or Stata.
· Understanding of optimization (linear, non-linear, stochastic), survival/mortality analysis, statistical modeling (logistic, ordinal, regressions, etc.).
· Demonstrated analytical, creative problem solving, and structured communication skills.
· Proven ability to write/edit scientific communications (abstracts, poster presentations, podium presentations, manuscripts, etc.).
· Ability to manage own time and proactively identify prioritized tasks for multiple concurrent projects.
· Focus on attention to detail.
· Strong written and spoken English language skills.
· Strong communications skills and experience developing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and develop customer/partner strategies.
· Knowledge of Healthineers solution & product landscape preferred.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.