Head of International Sales – Signaling Siemens Mobility Spain
The Head of international sales will lead the international sales department to develop new businesses in the International rail automation market. Responsible for the company strategic investment in new emerging markets and growing sales in Exports. Member of the local top Management with assigned FTEs, budgetary planning and allocation authority
- Manages and directs a sales force to achieve global sales and profit goals. Designs and recommends sales and marketing programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Must be aware of international variances in cultural and legal issues pertaining to sales.
- Leading the overall sales process for tenders in an assigned Region, pricing decisions and LoA process, etc.
- Follows up the Sales results and analyzing the deviation from plans.
- Represents the company in forums, events and associations.
- Agrees with Headquarters about relevant facts and events in the Market including customer´s trends and strategies, customer feedback for the company, competition, upcoming bids and projects, technology evolution, etc.
- Develops markets by analyzing their potential, defining successful markets entry strategies for new systems/products, gathering all relevant information on markets upcoming tenders.
- Strategic plans to develop the business.
- Sales activities; building lasting customer relationships in cooperation with other areas.
- Prospects relationships with other market players such as partners, competitors, subcontractors, etc. in order to establish Sales and Commercial strategies to face the market tenders and requirements.
• Collaboration with other teams
- Develops a fluent and collaborative relationship with the Bid team to build high quality and timely tenders, across one or more major functional areas, groups and/or operations
- Supports the Project Execution Department (Operations) and Engineering Department during the first stages of new contracts.
• Customer interface
- The main interface between the customer and the company, providing the support needed to address customer issues – thru the RU or elsewhere.
- Responsible for developing a network of relationships within the national railways, governments at national, regional and local level, and regional private sector investors.
- Establish commercial agreements with appropriate partners that may be required (e.g. installation partners) from time to time, including Siemens companies.
Experience & Knowledge required
Comprehensive (deep and broad) professional know-how and experience in railway sales. Systematic use of know-how to solve complex problems. Well established in external and internal networks within signaling sector. Demonstrates high professional judgement competence. Changes existing ways and approaches. Impact on results in larger organization.
• Business experience
o At least 10 years of experience in representing railway signaling company in industry sector forums, events and associations.
o Management of Sales and Marketing tools, KPIs controlling.
o Advance technical knowledge of I/L, ERTMS, and Centralized Traffic Control systems… and mass transit systems with different grades of automation
o High Knowledge in rail automation competitor´s systems and components.
• Organizational experience
o At least 10 years of experience in managing and leading groups directly or indirectly, with interaction with multiple and international business partners.
• International experience
o Experience in global interaction with customers/partners/providers from multiple countries.
o Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Soft Skills, Competences and other Requisites
• Customer Focus
• Strategic Skills
• Drive for Results
• Business Acumen
• Organizational Agility
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Engage People
• Proficient spoken and written English.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Travel required.