Organization: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Type: Full time / permanent
Join our team as “Application Engineer (m/f/d) - SISW” in Munich or one of our other offices within Germany.
As Application Engineer you will work closely with customers and sales teams to manage the technical engagement that supports sales campaigns and drive the adoption of Mentor Calibre software tools. The position is located in Munich, Germany with focus on customers located in the country however you will be part of a team covering Europe and consequently should anticipate some international travel as needed by the team
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Developing close relationships with customers to be able to assess their technical requirements and the options/ability for Mentor's Calibre solutions will be part of your daily business in order to develop and implement technical sales plans. This may be through proactive telephone contact, delivery of presentations and demonstrations, articulating product value statements, and engagement in technical benchmarks and evaluations
- You will also actively participate in out-bound marketing such as trade shows, workshops, seminars, webcasts
- Furthermore, you will drive products into customer projects to ensure the adoption by creating methodology and flows. This may include infrastructure, the integration into a customer’s environment and the identification of pilot projects for tool use as well as the debugging and bring-up of new methodologies and flows
- Uncovering or qualifying new opportunities and the technical viability of a lead is your daily business. You will communicate the opportunity clearly to the sales team and use this information to establish success criteria for technical engagements that effectively position Mentor areas of strength
- You will provide technical leadership on all aspects of a sales campaign with the aim of contributing to account/area technical business plans
- Sharing useful information in a proactive manner (accounts, evaluations, competitors, technologies, etc.) with peers, sales teams, management and product divisions is key to help us to compete more effectively
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- You’re a proactive team player with profound working experience as Application Engineer
- You have a broad understanding of Physical Verification/Circuit Verification/Extraction/DFM methodologies and flows
- You have Expert level scripting / programming skills (Perl, TCL/Tk) in CAD environment
- Additionally, you’re familiar with rule decks writing (ideally Calibre TVF, SVRF)
- You’re able to uncover new business opportunities and articulate the potential to Sales Management
- Quickly developing deep understanding of technologies and being able to explain and optimize results are your strengths
- You have excellent German and English language skills
What more do I need to know?
Mentor is a business unit of Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW) and a leader in software and hardware solutions for the development of electronic circuits in the EDA market. Mentor enables companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Mentor´s innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. Mentor is technology leader and provides platform solutions for full chip emulation (Veloce), Functional Verification (Questa), Design-for-Test (Tessent) and physical verification (Calibre)
At Mentor we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please submit your application documents via the button "Apply".
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
Mentor & Siemens support the Program “Jobs ohne Barrieren”
initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. We emphasize equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional