Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens Energy.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Control Systems Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines (AGT) is currently recruiting a Control Systems Engineer within our Technical Services function based at the services headquarters in Warwick, UK. The controls system is one of the most influential parts of our product range and this means you are at the heart of the projects we do globally, and always in the thick of the action working with diverse teams across the AGT organisation.
Change the future with us.
- Develop Industrial Control Systems and updates for retrofit projects, identifying scope, develop and execute verification and validation plans, and support site installation and testing of solutions to efficiently and effectively communicate with field service and customer representatives.
- Get hands on with troubleshooting issues to help our customers keep their equipment operational in a safe manner. From providing input into user documentation to travel overseas may be required on occasions.
- Work with our Operational Service Desk and Technical Support teams across the globe in supporting customers with urgent operational issues which require specialist Product or Engineering knowledge.
- Be directly involved in product safety and reliability investigations and improvement programmes; data gathering and analysis, Root Cause Analysis techniques, develop potential solutions and improvement opportunities to the business.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A degree or equivalent professionally accredited or recognised in an engineering discipline preferably relating to the fields of Controls, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, and Software.
- Working experience in industrial controls systems applications, it would be advantageous to have specific experience with Allen Bradley RS Logix5000, Siemens S7, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC, or having worked with similar products applications for industrial gas turbine technology, rotating equipment or general process plant operations.
- Understanding of controls system solution verification and validation methods and use of simulation and system modelling tools (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink or similar) and programming languages (e.g. Python, C/C++, Visual Basic, etc.) would be advantageous.
- You will be able to problem solve and have broad outlook combined with analytical mind-set: ability to make logical connections and understand the big picture quickly, as well as having a critical eye for details.
- Familiarity of change/configuration management tools and processes, agile project methods as well as experience with relevant industry standards (e.g. IEEE, IEC, etc.) would be desirable.
- Experience of working with industrial aero-derivative gas turbine technology or similar industrial products for Oil & Gas or Energy industry would be advantageous, but experience from other industries with transferable skills could also be considered.
- Practitioner of a Systems Engineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and reporting skills in English is important, with an appreciation of cultural differences that comes with a global customer base.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Closing date for applications is 12th July 2020.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time