The Head of Operations; Michigan Sales & Services; Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS). This new strategic role will have responsibility for the strategy, business development, P&L, operations, sales growth, and the management of all sales and services for all ITS activity in the State of Michigan. All personnel supporting these activities will report directly to this position. Personnel include all sales managers, technical engineers, controller and cabinet engineering, and support Siemens and 3rd party complete ITS portfolio. This position will be based out of our location in Sterling Heights, MI.
Must be familiar with the state of Michigan ITS market including key customer relationships at major cities, counties, and MDoT. Also, maintains an in-depth knowledge of market conditions and competitors’ activities to develop sales and operations plans that achieve or exceed P&L and sales goals.
In this role, you will implement an aligned development plan that optimizes revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction and loyalty. You will also track ongoing business results compared to the plan’s established goals and executes corrective actions when needed. Initiates / builds / maintains long-term executive relationships with key decision makers. Participates and leads all operations in the profitable delivery of product / solution / service offerings.
In addition, you will participate in the resolution of customer complaints and equipment problems. Independently lead important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly defined issues. Refers semi-complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
Must be located in Michigan. Siemens office is located in Sterling Heights, MI; expected travel 10%
- Works with ITS HQ’s to implement all Siemens' process and policies in support of fully operational ITS organization
- Ensures the implementation of Operations and Sales strategy and sets targets for the Michigan organization.
- Develops and propose budgets and growth forecasts, aligned with the strategy of the unit(s).
- Manages completion of budgets and regular P&L and sales reporting.
- Defines and allocates resources.
- Cooperates with Finance, Marketing, Product Management and Project Management in matters of strategic and tactical product and service positioning.
- Initiates and contributes to planning of customer related product development measures or the setup of customer related projects.
- Support strategic key customers' business development.
- Manages assigned organizational unit(s) and leads and/or coordinates dedicated management and staff
- Prepare and present technical presentations for customers to explain the benefits of Siemens ITS solutions.
- Assures technical sales leadership in territory for entire team on controller HW, SEPAC, TMS, and adaptive solutions including generation and review of requirements and design documents
- Takes a leadership position with Michigan ITE, and all key customers.
- Keep up to date with the industry and gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ITS solutions
- BS/BA in related discipline, MBA preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of contact of technical knowledge for area of expertise.
- Able to translate user requirements into effective system designs using appropriate ITS technology
- Knowledgeable in Michigan ITS marketplace; preferred
- Knowledgeable in industry standards; preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
- Experience in Business and commercial development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload.
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Self-motivated, but also a team player.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.