Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states start to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also handle existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution! Today, we are working with transportation systems operators, traffic management and engineering staff, emergency support personnel, and city planners not only to manage their existing infrastructure and assets, but also plan for the future.
Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators know what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with meaningful information about road and traffic conditions. We are also working on projects related to connected vehicle solutions (V2I) and to Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens Mobility is recruiting for a Customer Success Consultant to support existing customers and seek new customers in our Mobility Solutions and Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS) portfolio. This strategic role will support the existing solutions and the install base for ATMS projects and provide recommendations and Siemens resources to carry out the strategy, business development, sales growth, and project implementation for all ATMS activity in the country. This position may be located ANYWHERE in the US!
In this role, you will be a domain authority focusing on ATMS and Smart Cities solutions - including how ATMS works with Connected Vehicle, Autonomous Vehicle, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control activities. Here, you'll be generating opportunities by analyzing and handling customer requirements, developing system design documents, technical narrative, defining winning strategies, and outlining the benefits of Siemens ITS portfolio specific to the customer requirements.
Furthermore, you will stay engaged with the customer as a technical resource during project execution by understanding how our software solutions can solve customer problems. This role requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying professional engineering practice in ITS industry, leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management, proposal management and project management.
- Assist sales and operations in the identification, qualification, development, procurement and execution of software projects
- Conduct customer visits to present the Siemens ATMS solutions portfolio and show Siemens benefit as the ITS technical authority - may also provide specialized technical training to our external partners
- Act as technical lead on advanced software solution projects, including generation and review of requirements and design documents, and technical oversight of implementation and deployment activities
- Conduct project site visits with Project Management organization in the deployment and implementation of ATMS projects
- Develop and present technical concepts for customized ATMS solutions to the product management and marketing group, sales team, management, and customers - will also present at regional and national ITS conferences
- Communicate with procurement, outside vendors, consultants and partners as part of technical lead and project delivery oversight activities
- Review RFP requirements, design and describe technical solutions and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts
- Gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ATMS solutions
- Collaborate with product marketing, systems engineering and R&D departments
Competencies for this job include:
- Technical understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive signal control, transit signal priority, and connected vehicle (V2I) solutions
- Experience in deployment ATMS for public agencies customers – either State DOT or city DOT
- Able to translate user requirements into effective system designs using appropriate ITS technology
- Technical expertise in the areas of computer hardware, software, and networking - be able to design, document, and fix field communications and IP networking solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex issues concisely
- Flexibility to handle diverse workload
- Work with a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to tackle problems
- Willing to travel ~50%
Education and Qualifications:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MS Engineering, MCP City Planning or MBA preferred.
- Professional engineering (PE) certification required; PTOE preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful experience in the ITS industry and successful demonstration of above responsibilities
- Experience as a traffic engineering and/or systems consultant or operating ATMS at a public agency
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.