Pre-Sales Solution Consultant II (SISW-PLM)
This is a pre-sales role reporting to the Simulation and Test Portfolio Organization. Duties include alignment of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (SPLM) tools to address customer business issues and challenges, demonstration and proof of concept of SPLM tools to deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements. Participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts, workflow development and customer enablement. Unique opportunity to impact SPLM product development by representing the voice of the customer within SPLM. This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of strategic SPLM sales pursuits.
- Provides pre-sales technical support for the Siemens PLM Simulation Portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of Siemens PLM customers in the Aerospace/Defense, Energy, Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Automotive Industries.
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Siemens Simulation Portfolio.
- Aids in closing sales by demonstrating value and benefits of solutions; preparing responses to RFI’s and RFP’s as well as other technical documentation.
- Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simulation product development team.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the Siemens PLM products.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering required.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years in the application of Computer Aided Engineering Software solving multi Physics problems in at least 3 of the following domain areas: Structural Analysis, Dynamic Simulation, Thermal Simulation, Structural Optimization, Motion Simulation, Durability, Acoustics.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years in the application of Computer Aided Engineering Industry /domain experience in one or more of the following, Aerospace, Turbo Machinery, Off Highway, Automotive.
- Experience using one or more of the following simulation codes: Simcenter, NX Nastran, ANSYS, Abaqus, LMS Virtual Lab, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Familiarity with state of the art CAD systems (preferably NX CAD).
- Familiarity with PLM systems application, configuration and usage.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, ownership, communication skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Up to 50% travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.