As a Solution Architect, work productively with Consultants, Product Architects, Solution Architects, Program/Project Managers, and other internal & external personnel to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. As a specialist resource, this individual is responsible for consulting, advising, recommending, designing, and where appropriate directing the deployment of specific technical solutions based on SIMATIC IT R&D Suite product and industry best practices for Formulation and Food & Beverage.
The Siemens PLM Software ESMC business unit team takes pride in delivering customers leading edge manufacturing, planning, quality and laboratory management systems through a Professional Services team that is unparalleled in the industry. Siemens PLM Software is seeking candidates with Formulation and Food & Beverage industry experience in process design, controls, interfacing, and/or quality to enhance ESMC business unit team as a Solution Architect.
In line with program & project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
• Act as trusted advisor to Sales, PreSales and Services project teams providing guidance through the complexity of solution options while leveraging key experiences in Formulation and Food & Beverage space.
• Act as trusted advisor to the customer on the long-term roadmap for the use of SIMATIC IT R&D Suite.
• Consult on highly complex projects/assignments of diverse scope that require industry expertise in Specification & Formula Management.
• Work under self-management within project and/ or task constraints and determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects.
Lead projects adopting the organization’s Project Delivery Methodology
• Where required, act as project technical work stream lead for specific project work streams on large programs/projects requiring a full time specialist resource, and support project management activities such as estimating, work package breakdown and project planning and monitoring.
• Support complex projects on dedicated product-related expert topics.
• Actively participate in the Zone Community of Practice for SIMATIC IT R&D Suite knowledge, primarily within the Consumer Products & Retail area, promoting adoption within the Zone and ensuring that knowledge and lessons learned are shared across country/organization boundaries.
• Leverage relevant best practices and templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area across the Zone, and significantly contribute to the definition and maintenance of best practices and curate templates in own area of specialism, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor of Science
degree is required to be considered for this position
• Must currently be located in the continental USA, closer to major airport.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Formulation and Food & Beverage industry area with emphasis on business processes for Specification Management and Formula Management with an understanding of related systems such as PLM, ERP and MES
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices regarding product lifecycle management
• At least 3 years of experience in pre-sales, consulting or as a customer stakeholder in software deployment projects in the Formulation and Spec management process area
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Programs
• Fluent in English with communication skills displaying diplomacy, tact, and the ability to influence
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.