Job title: Linux Administrator
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- The Linux system administrator is responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the Linux servers and workstations.
- He is responsible for maintaining the network environment as well as the health of the network and servers.
- He makes sure that he provides solutions by complying with the security standards of the company.
- He supports the requests of the users and solve any problems related with the Linux servers and workstations.
- He is involved in setting up and configuring new systems, installing and maintaining the application software and coordinating the networking connectivity.
- He remains updated with the current knowledge in Linux system and are responsible for evaluating the hardware and software technologies.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
Experience: 3 to 6 years of relevant experience. BE/B. Tech./MCA
Skill Set Description:
· Redhat 7/8 and Centos7/8 knowledge
· Webserver knowledge
· SAN knowledge
· cluster knowledge (Pacemaker Configuration System)
· Shell Scripting (Automation)
· Linux server hardening (Security)
· RHCE certified
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time