Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development. To get to know about us, you may visit https://www.siemens.com/mendix
Our team is responsible for building and maintaining a modern, scalable, highly-available infrastructure to power up our products and services.We are looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer who has strong practical troubleshooting skills, advanced overall systems knowledge, public clouds, provisioning tools and programming/templating language
What your day-to-day will look like:
* Designing, building, shipping and maintaining distributed systems
* Building Monitoring, logging, alerting around our infrastructure and applications
* Improving the reliability of our systems and CI/CD pipelines
* Putting everything into code
* Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multi-region and multi-cloud environments
* Working in close collaboration with multi-functional teams
You're the person we need if you have experience with:
* Containerization (we use Kubernetes)
* Configuration tools and frameworks (we use Terraform, Helm)
* Knowledge of systems (Linux, GNU tooling), networking (OSI model, DNS, routing) and virtualization vs containerization
* Programming experience with Go/Bash/Python, templating languages (Jinja/gotemplate), and Git
* High level abstractions for system configuration and management
* Public clouds; AWS/Azure/GCP (we use AWS)
* Other things we value are;
* security awareness,
* Experience with CI/CD concepts
Sought personality type:
* Proactive, emphatic and approachable.
* Team player and problem solver.
* Effective communicator.
* Great attitude but a critical thinker.
* Creative and open minded.