Magnetic Resonance Service Engineer - Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees.
Come and join our team as a MR Service Engineer to join the Headquarter Support centre team at our site in Oxfordshire to deliver escalated technical and remote support to the worldwide Siemens organisation and original equipment manufacturers to resolve site issues and reduce customer equipment down time.
Siemens Healthineers are one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT.
Here at Siemens Magnet Technology in Eynsham, Oxfordshire we specialise in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Customer Support: To support the world service organisation with all aspects needed related the magnet systems within the MR imaging system.
- Product/Service Development: Ability to identify & report issues within Product Support, Service Delivery & R&D. Actively engage, network and support MR Engineers who attend Siemens Magnet Technology Training Centre to build customer and business relationships.
- Incident management: Resolve site issues & magnet reported issues through remote technical support & onsite visits. Provide value-based responses on severity & priority basis.
- Problem / Escalation management: Escalate known hot site / previous hot site issues to CS management group accordingly.
- Technical expertise / Knowledge: Trouble-shooting, service & repair of MRI magnets
- EHS, & Travel Management: Comply with Siemens 'Zero harm' core value when providing remote support guidance and whilst prior to working on customer sites.
- Project management (including site management for onsite work): Undertake each site visit as a Project when allocated by a manager or Proxy.
Please note – this is a remote support role primarily based in our offices near Oxford, however on-site support is an essential part of the role and can represent depending on regions’ requests from 10% up to 30% of the time in travels overseas mainly in Europe.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of providing technical support for medical devices within the healthcare industry or ideally of working with imaging diagnostic equipment.
- Qualified within electrical or mechanical engineering with sound knowledge in both areas
- Experience in troubleshooting and identifying issues with both electrical and mechanical components
- Demonstrate safe and competent working in the field, and PPE use
- Background in troubleshooting issues and data analysis
- Customer focus, fast learning, cultural sensitivity and data driven
Desirable skills and experience:
- Full understanding working remotely in MR systems through SRS connection
- Knowledge of superconductive magnets and cryogen handling
- Knowledge on Mass Spectrometer and leak test equipment
- Competent mechanical experience and use of tooling in MR systems, best practice for part replacements and handling
- Cryogen knowledge – knowledge on gas regulators, cylinders and cryogen dewars for filling superconductive magnet systems
Your personality and skills:
If you have an eye for detail and problem solving, experience in field service coupled with a solid understanding of imaging diagnostic equipment (especially MRI, or correlated areas in the healthcare business), then we would love to hear from you.
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader. All necessary technical training will be provided in our local training centre
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application online, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time