Job Title: Senior Product Manager - Infolytica - 184414
Job Location: Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Job Category: Product Marketing
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Mentor Graphics, established in 1981, is a $1+ billion company focus on supplying design and analysis software for the electronics and mechanical product development industries. The Mechanical Analysis Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation provides 1D and 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics software and consultancy services to eliminate mistakes, reduce costs, and accelerate and optimize designs involving heat transfer and fluid flow before physical prototypes are built. Recently, through the acquisition of Infolytica Corporation, the Mechanical Analysis Division is also a provider of Electromagnetic and Thermal analysis software for low frequency devices. The Infolytica products are widely used in the design of high performance electromechanical devices in industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, electrical appliances, medical and power generation.
As an Infolytica Product Manager, you will guide a team that is responsible for developing the product line. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the product line. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with the Product Owner to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to release.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and prospects.
- Developing and presenting business case justification for Product Line Investment in Research and Development.
- Working with the Product Owners and Agile Teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery of product releases.
- Developing and implementing a product go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Being the Product Evangelist, attending customer meetings, seminars, trade shows and sales training events.
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to develop competitive positioning collateral.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
The following skills need to be demonstrated by the successful candidate:
- Solid background in CAE and preference towards electromagnetics and understanding it’s application in the engineering world
- Effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
- Successfully lead collaborative projects with distributed contributors
- Communicate effectively with engineers, Application Engineers, Product Managers, Salespeople and Divisional Management
- Possess a creative way of thinking, be energetic and passionate
- Able to bring commercial perspective to software engineering and motivate software teams
- Willingness to travel, much of which will be international, up to 30%
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years Product Management Experience
- 3-6 years of recent working experience as an Engineer in CAE, preferably within Low Frequency Electromagnetic applications using electromagnetic design and analysis tools
- Excellent English communication skills; both verbal and written
- Experience of software development processes. Experience of agile software development would be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced engineering organization
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.