If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
The demand for Mobility is growing
all over the world. Transporting
people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the
infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the
transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing
road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics
supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because Modern,
interconnected and IT-based Mobility
is the core competency of its five
business units: Mobility
Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Rolling Stock and Customer Services. They have the
know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to
develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for talent to work on these challenges.
What are my job responsibilities?
SMO ASP EHS-related
- Supports the SMO Business and the SMO ASP CEO in fulfilling EHS responsibility
- Heads SMO EHS organization assigned and
functionally be the Spokes the EHS
community in the SMO and
functionally the EHS Officer of the Assigned Countries (AC’s)
- Ensures all applicable legal and Siemens Mobility internal and other (e.g. customer)
requirements are identified, fulfilled and controls implementation
- Ensures a certified EHS Management System is
maintained and effective (if needed for the
business or SMO business in total)
- Adapts, promotes and implements global EHS
programs and initiatives and monitors their
effectiveness for the SMO and SMO Bundle
- Sets and implements the SMO EHS roadmaps based
on countries and business strategy
aligned to SMO and Business Unit’s (BU’s) EHS roadmaps
- Guides and leads the SMO and SMO Bundle in the
planning, execution, ongoing analysis
improvement of EHS related measures
- Serves as key contact for all EHS matters for the SMO and SMO Bundle
- Plans and aligns the budget and personnel resources for EHS in the SMO and SMO Bundle
- Participates in the selection / staffing of EHS positions, incl. veto right
- Contributes to the target setting and achievement/performance evaluation of the EHS Managers (SMO Site EHS heads) and of the EHS Officers of the AC’s
- Ensures an adequate competence management and training system for EHS-related competences for the SMO and SMO management and AC EHS Officers
- Plans, implements and follows-up the audit/assessment/inspections program (including certification audits where applicable)
- Ensures implementation of EHS related risk management in processes, projects and products (for environment)
- Ensures adequate incident management (e.g. root cause investigation, measures, Lessons Learned) is implemented
- Ensures and controls EHS related reporting as to local and SMO requirements
- Ensures adequate EHS related communication
towards internal and external stakeholder and
authorities for the SMO and SMO Bundle
- Provides a forum for practice sharing EHS practitioners across organizational
the SMO and SMO Bundle
- Guides and leads the organization
in quality aspects with focus on
customer satisfaction and
internal and external requirements.
- Sets and implements overarching Quality mission and strategy based on the business strategy.
- Ensures implementation of related Quality policies and guidelines, for all assigned quality areas or organizational units.
- Acts as quality consultant for S SG CEO and own organization.
- Heads overall organization assigned and leads all related management and staff.
- Leads national / international QM-networks and communities.
- Collaborates with Country CEO and business team, as well as with executives in Singapore and all relevant interfaces to achieve quality business goals.
- Develops, controls and ensures the implementation and improvement of an Integrated Management System (including process management) for the respective organization and defines the overall quality strategy according to market and business needs.
- Plans, implements and
follows up the audit program
(including certification audits where
applicable) and assessments.
- Initiates and promote
strategic, global quality programs,
and Monitors the effectiveness of these
programs. Drives continuous improvement with his management and lessons learned across assigned organizations.
- Leads the specialist competence department for product safety. Ensures that all requirements are met, coordinates product safety measures and monitoring. Organizes the product safety reporting.
- Contributes to analyze customer quality requirements and satisfaction (e.g. NPS) appropriately in order to meet customer expectations.
- Ensures that quality specific external communication towards customers and to external authorities.
- Ensures that internal and external regulations are identified in cooperation with country organization and processes are developed to meet these requirements.
- Develops, controls and ensures the implementation of a professional non-conformance (NC) management.
- Ensures and controls implementation of quality methods and risk management in processes projects and products (8D, RCA, Q-Gates, FMEA)
- Develops, controls and ensures the implementation and improvement of relevant quality reporting including Management Review,
- Plans budget for strategic, global quality programs and the related financial and personnel resources and aligns this with the organizational unit's budget plan.
- Ensures with HR the implementation of a competence management and training system for quality-related competences.
- Develops and Implements the communication strategy/plan to ensure understanding and awareness of specific quality topics.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience (>10 years) in different areas of responsibility (preferably not limited to QM) and business types
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in managing projects / programs e.g. change or consultancy projects
- Experience in international business
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time