Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Staff Software Engineer
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- In your activities you will be working on creating software solutions for highly complex medical diagnostic and automation system.
- You will be working in Agile Development Environment with fast paced, quality driven team.
- You will be interacting and collaborating with cross functional geographically distributed engineering teams including but not limited to Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Systems Engineering.
- You will be working towards continuous improvement of software quality by utilizing the latest processes and tools and technologies.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You must demonstrate the ability to understand and develop the most complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support functions of software development.
- You are responsible to participate in reviews of the most complex customer standards / specifications and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
- You follow the software quality process through code reviews, unit testing, execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
- You have excellent understanding of software design patterns and capability to understand system architecture design.
- You must have ability to estimate your own work.
- You have experience working in Agile Development environment and strong knowledge of TFS.
- You must demonstrate high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact complex and cross functional problems.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, Advanced degree may be substituted for experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of software development experience in Windows environment with strong .Net and C#, C++, WCF
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design principles
- Willing to travel up to 20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.