Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens Mobility is seeking an ATMS/Traffic Systems Support Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 5 years in the ITS road traffic industry preferably in the State of Florida.
A successful candidate will be a part of a state-of-the-art ATMS operations team during its implementation and operation phase. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a solid background in traffic and transportation engineering.
This position is contingent upon final contract award.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or and ITS-related discipline and applicable certifications
- · At least three (3) years of experience working with an ATMS system
- · Ability to communicate complex issues in plain language verbally and in writing in the English language
- Five (5) years of experience in ITS industry
- · Relevant work experience would include information and communication technologies and/or ITS, such as fiber-optic communication design, detection and video systems, computer hardware and software, or traffic control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- · Experience with Siemens central control and management systems (Tactics, Concert, etc.)
- Outstanding technical, communication and interpersonal skills
- · Oversee the ATMS system integration, review and operation from the Traffic Management Center and manage the ATMS database
- · Support of all computer systems within the traffic management center (TMC) including the maintenance of computer hardware, video walls, and software and network systems
- · Customize and configure system and other technologies to meet operational objectives
- · Provide local testing of new databases and validate operations in the field
- · Provide timing expertise and optimize advanced traffic control and management settings
- · Support vendors in quality assurance and testing
- · Identify and document issues, conduct investigations, provide resolutions and track issues to completion, document lessons learnt
- · Support traffic signal controller integration, infrastructure upgrade, testing, and deployment
- · Assist in developing, reviewing, and testing new and/or modified traffic signal timing database, as well as evaluation of special operations
- · Ensure system security and availability to authorized users
- · Develop training/development plans and conduct training / transfer of knowledge to customer staff
- · Provide and conduct specific training for IT protocols of appropriate self-troubleshooting of ATMS as well as formal and ad-hoc training for all ATMS related technologies
- · Perform testing, configuration and commissioning services for all deployed technologies
- · Prepare and maintain operations manuals and procedures
- · Contribute to requirements, configuration and change management
- · Ensure proper management of documentation
- · Identify risks and opportunities and act accordingly
- · Report on the progress of the activities
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.