Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens Mobility is seeking two Traffic Signal Bench Technician (Testing) to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
Candidate will be a part of an engineering team during project implementation. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering.
The role requires a track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- Five (5) years of experience in ITS industry
- Expertise in traffic signal control systems, field controller hardware and software, central software, testing
- IMSA Traffic Signal Bench Technician Level 2 or higher beneficial
- Journeyman or Master Electrician License beneficial (Miami Dade County or ability to reciprocate)
- Experience with 170 and 2070 controller hardware, SEPAC controller software beneficial
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Technical degree in electrical engineering preferred
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level 1 preferred
- · Perform controller database conversions maintaining data integrity using standard operating procedures (SOPs) and existing timing plans
- · Program traffic signal controllers to download/upload and modify signal timing plans
- · Prepare and maintain conversion and testing checklists
- · Perform controller (bench) testing (functional, environmental, etc.)
- · Prepare updated intersection signal timing documentation
- · Develop specific testing procedures for controller deployment
- · Assure compliance with current MUTCD, FDOT TEM and other applicable standards
- · Contribute to the improvement of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- · Maintain signal timing database and data relevant to the central control system
- · Participate in acceptance testing for controller database conversions
- · Identify need for hardware and/or wiring modifications
- · Document potential issues and identify root cause
- · Provide first level support, assist in the resolution of issues relating to traffic and track issues to completion
- · Support controller field deployments and maintenance activities, e.g. material returns process (RMA)
- · Ensure proper filing/storage of documentation – e.g. drawings, assets, logs, procedures
- · Identify risks and opportunities and act accordingly
- · Report on the progress of the activities
- · Ensure that all activities are performed according to the corresponding quality documents and standards and support quality assurance and control activities
- · Perform inbound, onsite, and outbound material management
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.