As an Interiors System Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of interior components for heavy rail vehicles (passenger coaches and locomotives). Responsibilities will include customer specification review, design specifications, system design, system integration, supplier type testing review and approval, commissioning support. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential, as this position requires working in close conjunction with all design engineering functions within the department as well as with the purchasing, quality and testing departments.
• Develop technical specifications for seats, workstation tables, glazing, flooring, floor covering, accessibility and signage for passenger coaches and locomotive
• Develop Contract Deliverables and Design Review documentation
• Support development of seats, workstation tables, glazing, flooring, floor covering, accessibility and signage systems for heavy rail vehicles
• Support procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles in all aspects related to seats, workstation tables, glazing, flooring, floor covering, accessibility and signage for heavy rail vehicles
• Support OEM integration, type testing, first article inspections and final acceptance product
• Present design review documentation to customers in the design review meetings
• Work with the international center of competency to ensure that the scope of work and technical solutions are in accordance with Siemens internal rules and regulations
• Prepare technical proposals for future proposal work
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 5-10 years of work experience
• Strong communication and presentation skills, able to clearly and concisely express technical information of the interiors systems
• Strong technical writing skills
• Presentation and meeting facilitation skills
• Travel up to 20% of your time
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required
• Rolling Stock Engineering experience preferred
• Systems Engineering/ Project Engineering experience
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.