Senior / Manufacturing / Process Engineers - Oxfordshire
Fantastic opportunity to join our innovative engineering team at Siemens Magnet Technology near Oxford.
Our site near Oxford has circa 500 people, we take enormous pride in developing truly innovative technology to produce superconducting magnet solutions of exceptional quality. We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field. More than 30 per cent of the MRI scanners installed in hospitals worldwide have a superconducting magnet manufactured by us.
As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
Our Manufacturing Engineering team have all come from different industry sectors, it is unlikely that you have worked with superconducting magnets before, we look for people who enjoy manufacturing engineering and want to apply to our industry.
You will enjoy this role with us if you like:
- Leading NPI projects
- Identifying and owning Continuous Improvement projects
- CAPEX projects
- Root cause of complex issues
- Working in a company that is ‘Shaping the Future of Healthcare’
- Applying your skills to new sectors
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Ownership of the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing cost centres.
- Working with the engineers and the operations team to jointly manage quality, productivity and output.
- Solving manufacturing problems to resolve internal and external process issues and maintain our zero-harm culture in the process.
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Developing new product processes from the conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Managing Capital investment and infrastructure projects, from functional specification creation, through vendor selection, commissioning and manufacturing release.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of graduate engineers.
We offer our engineers a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
Benefits of this role:
You’ll work on process engineering projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
What we are looking for:
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or an extensive equivalent experience
- Substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing / process engineering
- Experience in taking the lead on process development projects
- Able to demonstrate in detail, how you structured those developments / improvements, what methodology you would use (and how and why).
- Good track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Experienced in the use of tools to facilitate effective problem solving within a lean environment
- If you have excellent communication skills, can effectively manage and solve a wide range of complex technical issues, we would love to hear from you.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
What else do I need to know?
For a confidential discussion please contact Robert Dove, Talent Acquisition Partner on 07808 823293
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time