At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
We are shaping the future of diagnostic testing for laboratories all over the world. Can you help us design our products to lead the way? If you're passionate about improving user experience, we have a place for you.
Siemens Healthineers, Laboratory Diagnostics is seeking a UX Analyst – UI Designer, responsible for helping to ensure instruments and software meet usability goals and standards, and delight customers. This role requires expertise in user experience best practices and hands-on experience with interaction design, software visual design, and information architecture.
- Work closely with other designers and cross-functional development teams to define workflows and develop software user interfaces and features for complex systems that will allow for safe, efficient, intuitive, and satisfying user interactions.
- Act as UX subject matter expert to provide guidance and technical expertise for all user experience activities including user research and testing, interactive design, and regulatory compliance for usability practices.
- Plan and conduct software and hardware usability studies, surveys, and interviews with customers and customer representatives. Perform heuristic evaluations. Document and present findings from UX evaluations and recommendations to teams to drive product improvements throughout development lifecycle.
- Stay current with software design and UX trends by joining professional groups, attending workshops, and reading relevant research.
- Promote the importance of user-centric product development and UX best practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in human computer interaction, human factors engineering, computer science, interaction design or similar.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating at least 5-10 years of experience building successful user interfaces.
- · Experience in successful UI designs with the ability to advocate for and institute good design and UX practices.
- · Experience in rapidly generating prototypes, wireframes, and sketches through an iterative design and feedback process.
- · Experience with UX research methods that lend themselves to an agile environment
- · Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to set schedules, keep commitments, and manage internal and external resources.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and product lines.
- ~20% local travel (NY/NJ/DE), occasional US and international travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience defining workflows, personas, and customer journeys.
- Experience creating UI prototypes using UX tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, HTML, CSS.
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with design for visualization of complex data.
- Experience working within or interfacing with scrum teams.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations pertaining to usability.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.