We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Our department is responsible for the Account and Channel Management, an important pillar of the Building Products Business Unit. We work in close collaboration with our colleagues from Product Management, Marketing and Global Sales organization to guarantee the highest degree of customer satisfaction and therefore commercial success.
Selling our Building Technology Products is done via several channels. One channel could be, for example, our internal colleagues from the Service and Solution Business (SSP) or global Resellers, companies that have a portfolio of products that they sell directly to customers. To continue our strong growth and to streamline the Headquarters’ efforts in dealing with our numerous partners, we are currently searching a Reseller / Installer Channel Manager.
Your new responsibilities
- You are the leading person to define and drive our global strategy concerning sales channels. It is all about B2B sales and coordinating various parts of our business and customers on a global scale
- Review our existing channels, their performance and the impact of current and future trends in the market. Where are we today? Do we perform well in certain channels? Can we develop new ones? What do our clients want in the short-, mid- and long-term?
- Create the concepts for tomorrow. Develop growth programs, methodologies and systems
- Define the channel-specific key success factors (e.g. product data format, logistics requirements, training concept, partner program) in collaboration with Building Products Teams
- Align the strategy with our global stakeholders. Listen to their interests, mediate and convince, while staying focused on your overall goal to increase the business significantly
- Define the global targets and improvement measures to stimulate growth
- Rollout the defined measures. Visit our Regions, meet with regional (sales) Heads, support our sales organizations to make an impact where the sales takes place
- Monitor the progress, do you need to adjust the strategy, do you need to intervene when things do not go in the right direction? You are the key expert in the Headquarters for our channel needs
- Support the enhancement of the channel specific offering beyond the portfolio
- Act strategically and conceptually. Support growth measures where required, act as key expert for the channel needs
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Economics
- You have already gained sales experience and you are accustomed to the concept and realities of channel management
- In terms of domain experience, we do not expect the future job holder to have worked in the building industry already, although any knowledge of our products or the industry we are operating in is highly beneficial for us and speeds up your onboarding
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to present and defend a standpoint with respect to your stakeholders from among Partner and Regional Managers, Marketing, Sales, Solution and Distribution Partners
- Quick understanding of market dynamics, challenges and opportunities faced by industrial companies
- Reliability and proactive way of working, enabling you to cope with and follow up on many stakeholders. You do not wait for things to happen, you want to shape things
- Readiness for international travels, around 25% of your time
- An international mindset and very good English language skills, German as a nice to have
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time