Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Cost and Value Engineering (CVE) Expert covering technology / methodology for specific technology like stamping part, sheet metal parts, aluminum casting, material application, electromechanical products, manufacturing process or comparable.
As CVE you work in a global team and are responsible for the cost and value evaluation of purchased parts / components and related manufacturing technology / process through application of all CVE levers to develop quantitative target costs and value drivers, while adhering to quality and supply chain requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Evaluate and determine best cost and value position for purchased parts / components in assigned technology field through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers and methods.
- Ensure transparency in production processes, related costs and improvement potentials through application of appropriate tools and methodologies for:
- Cost Analysis and Optimization (CAO),
- Supply Chain Productivity Improvement (SPI),
- Design to Value (DtV) and
- Target Costing and Target Pricing (TCP).
- Compile feasible costs per part / component or solution as basis for bottom-up target indication and cost split as part of system target costing process.
- Propose improvement measures and quantification of potentials to Systems CVEs and other functions like procurement, R&D, product managers or product cost persons responsible.
- Calculate cost baselining for components acc. to maturity of design. Evaluate cost impact of alternative technical options (materials, manufacture methods) during the product development process. Advise engineering concerning the most cost-effective solution based on standardized design processes and production methods.
- Propose technology-based and lean optimization measures in the supply chain.
- Support procurement in negotiation with suppliers.
- Determine material field strategy of together with Commodity Management.
- Lead projects for cost transparency and optimization
- Follow up on implementation of measures
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor / Master or above education background, preferred in engineering
- 5+ years of experience in R&D or engineering or product management or production or production engineering or as procurement engineer.
- Advanced customer value and costing knowledge, cost structure analysis, cost modeling and process analysis.
- Experience in CVE is preferred especially cost structure analysis. (e.g. Tools like TcPCM)
- Advanced assertiveness, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Basic project management skills,
- Commercial knowledge
- Experiences in different cultural environments, collaboration in cross- functional project teams.
- English fluently
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time