Siemens Mobility provides integrated mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics transport. For the efficient transportation of passengers and goods, we combine specialization in automation and electrification by road and rail, rail vehicles, turnkey systems, consulting and consumer services.
We are looking for a “System Engineer” (m/f):
What are my responsibilities?
To execute the tasks related to the Application of Mission Critical Safety Systems within the Rail Signaling Industry following the Quality, Safety, Health and Environment specifications and requirements established by the law or the client, such as:
· To complete broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning (HW, SW and Systems), maintenance and evaluation of customer equipment and systems among others;
· To support customer remotely and onsite: provide 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues and prepare reports over critical and non-critical events when necessary;
· To contribute to or conduct the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories;
· To gather requirement from customer and negotiate best, suitable and improved technical solutions.
· Planning and Management: Participate in the creation of the work plans he/she might be involved in.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer System Engineering or similar;
· Experience with operating systems (mandatory);
· Fluent in Portuguese and English (mandatory);
· Availability for domestic and international travels and flexibility to work during trials and commissioning periods when required;
· Ability to work under pressure, in a changing environment;
· Excellent customer focus and high-quality standards;
· Proactive, dynamic and initiative attitude;
· Capability to assess and solve logical problems and delivery innovative solutions;
· Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows systems, including clustering and high availability solutions (RHCS and Heartbeat) (mandatory);
· Previous experience and basic knowledge of Linux administration (RHEL/CentOS) (mandatory);
· Previous experience in computer networking design and configuration (TCP/IP e Ethernet);
· Previous experience in hardware configuration and maintenance;
· Experience in routers and switches configuration;
· Knowledge and previous experience developing in programming language.
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time