Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
· Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Able to work from our Cypress, CA office location without relocation assistance during Fall 2020 (August - December)
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in mergers and acquisitions, software business and portfolio management. You will get the opportunity to:
- Assist M&A Planning senior leader in specific “search” or an “action” field using following resources: internet, Analyst reports, Competitive analyses, Technology analysis, Annual reports, Conference proceeding etc.
- Bring Digitalization and process improvement to Portfolio Management leveraging Mendix Rapid Application Development platform and Agile methodologies
- Provide a comprehensive and detailed overview on competitors, their strategy along different segments and compare their product offering with ours.
- Use the insights to provide a portfolio comparison among major competitors along different segment and create insights for our Portfolio Planning and Dealbook
- Propose key business hypotheses from the research including proof points
- Provide traceability in the analyses to the source data, daily review of progress, commitment not to share data outside the Siemens PLM Software work environment.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an engineering program with a minor in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics or a related field
- Analytical problem solving and critical thinking
- Web-based data mining and analytics
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies and Rapid Application Development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Autonomous and self-motivated working style
- Python, R, Perl, Java, C++, API is a plus
- Hadoop, SOLR, Mahout, HBase, Hive, Storm is a plus
- Eagerness to learn P&L and Income Statements as applicable to Software business
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.