Siemens Healthineers are searching for a Senior Engineer to come and join our R & D team near Oxford. This is an interesting and exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer with a strong Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Cryogenics background.
The successful Senior Engineer will join a multi-disciplinary group in our Research and Development Engineering Department and will work to maintain our “state of the art” competence in magnet design, analysis techniques and manufacturing processes.
As Senior Engineer you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, healthcare, flexible benefits, annual bonus, flexible working (with a strong emphasis on work/life balance) lots of additional work perks, clear career pathways and an environment where you can be truly innovative and realise your full potential.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Development and deployment of technology projects within budget
- New product development, from concept, through design, to realisation
- Generation of innovative design solutions
- Evaluation of technical issues to provide product performance solutions
- Definition and review of, and ensuring compliance with, technical standards
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Senior Engineer R & D- Essential qualifications and experience:
- You must have a good Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Cryogenics. Demonstration of considerable experience, both breadth and depth, is essential.
- You will also have broad spectrum of experience, gained within an industrial environment and will be capable of applying a flexible and creative approach to a variety of engineering technologies.
- Ability to analyse complex engineering problems, from both technical and commercial viewpoints, to identify and deliver pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to plan for and mitigate risks to acceptable levels to ensure project objectives are achieved on time.
- Awareness and experience of working within the commercial structure of a “state of the art” manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build professional relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Awareness and consideration of intercultural sensitivities.
- Having experience working with Asian and continental European cultures will be helpful
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers MR Magnet Technology is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of superconducting magnets for magnetic resonance imaging – over a third of MRI scanners installed worldwide have at their heart a magnet manufactured in our Eynsham factory. The business has been awarded several Queen’s Awards for export success, two Best Factory Awards and an IMechE Manufacturing Excellence Award, and is justifiably proud of its engineering and manufacturing heritage.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally, if you want to find out more and become a part of the Healthineers family, please apply, showing clearly your relevant experience for the role and your salary expectation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time