Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd is an operating company of Siemens AG Germany. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalisation, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainable over the entire life cycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Siemens Mobility Division has around 40,000 employees worldwide.
We currently have an opportunity for a Solution Architect to join our Tendering team in Sydney. The objective of the Solution Architect is to establish a system concept which is optimum for the business.
The Solution Architect has technical expertise in system engineering, systems analysis, definition and implementation of complete system solutions or subsystems for Rail Systems projects. They ideally understand the Siemens Mobility rail systems product and system portfolio.
· Overall technical responsibility for the system requirements, architecture, design and the system concept of operations taking into consideration product characteristics (including those of non-Siemens products used).
· Continuous consultation with Product and System Management and bid manager about any changes to the system concept or design.
· Documentation and clarification of all technical, performance, safety and operational requirements for a customer systems.
· Analysis of customer requirements with respect to binding clarification.
· Consideration of the operating conditions of the individual subsystems/components in design of the architecture.
· Assurance of adherence to the approved R&D product/system strategy.
· Ensure analysis, definition and description of subsystems and system interfaces (ICDs).
· Indication of system limits in the system concept and monitoring of application of the system concept on the overall system level and the module level.
· Responsible for the system architecture and the system concept throughout the entire bid project duration.
The Solution Architect is a mandatory participant at relevant PM@Siemens milestones meetings and readiness checks (EPIQ role: Technical Manager) and at bid team meetings.
· University degree (or comparable) in technology/engineering areas of automation / electrical / communication / railway / informatics is preferable.
· Professional experience > 8 years combined technical and management experience within the rail industry.
· Experience working in a project & process-based environment, ideally within the rail industry.
· Excellent communication skills to engage with various stakeholders within the business to influence, consult and guide towards suitable business solutions.
· Ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
· Experience working in an international, complex and matrix-driven organisation.
· Strong analytical and process driven approach.
Please send your current CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and key areas of expertise for this role.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time