We are currently seeking an experienced production supervisor to oversee our organization’s production operations. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to ensure that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process while monitoring employees and organizing workflows. S/he must be highly skilled in complex operations and able to comprehend the multifaceted nature of the manufacturing process. The ability to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing costs is also essential to ensure maximum quality and efficiency. This role is essential to our overall corporate objective—to ensure that the production processes result in products of maximum quality with maximum profits.
Production Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
· Ability to set daily/weekly/monthly goals, communicating them effectively to employees
· Strong knowledge of organizational workflow and ability to delegate by assigning responsibilities and formulating schedules
· Supervisory skills needed to oversee employees and coach them effectively
· Commitment to safety regarding the use of equipment
· Knowledge of all essential equipment and ability to oversee and schedule regular maintenance
· Analytical skills to monitor production output and check for compliance with specifications
· Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
· Strong coaching and training skills to onboard new employees, including instruction on safety, e.g. how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
· Willingness to enforce compliance with safety guidelines and company standards
Production Supervisor Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor or Associate degree in a technical, engineering, or relevant field
· Minimum of 5- 7 years work experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
· Working knowledge of various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
· Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong work ethic—self-motivated and results-driven
· Excellent problem-solving skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.