Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer the Lead Design Engineer will direct and support activities to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed. Check that the quality of output from the section is to the required standards and that target dates are achieved.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing are met and effect remedial action when required
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for all projects. Evaluate quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available deal for the Company
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation if projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Participate in planning and programming of resources to meet the requirements of allocated projects
- Identify the required programme provision for allocated projects to enable target dates to be met
- Assist in the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Perform duties as directed by management from time to time, including site works
- Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Previous experience in Railway Signalling Systems (essential)
- IRSE Principles Designer License 1.1.130
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.