Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the VP Site Operations; the Executive Assistant is responsible for organizing and coordinating all internal administrative functions including: office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Executive Assistant also serves as a direct point of contact for Epocal’s customers & clients, both internal and external, to ensure they receive a high level of service and to help with their questions, concerns or complaints. These customers may be staff members, individual or group visitors, suppliers or other companies and the nature of their service needs may vary considerably.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees and participates in the general administrative operations of Walkley and Brookfield locations, including but not limited to:
- Manages VP Site Operations and CFO calendar proactively, managing agendas, setting up meetings and providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing meeting conflicts
- Prepares VP Site Operations and CFO for all meetings, ensuring that relevant materials are ready for review in advance
- Ensures that all compliance reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for assisting with various special projects, meetings, activities, or events that shall be undertaken by Epocal from time to time, and in doing so, collaborates with Epocal colleagues/departments as required.
- Prepares specialized routine report and correspondence, and/or statistics
- Maintains records and filing systems; types and/or enters data into computer systems, including Office application or specialized software packages
- Completes routine reports, in order to support decision processes in the area assigned
- Transcribes minutes from meetings, conducts research and creates presentations
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking fights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations, including coordinating program itineraries.
- Office catering and management of receipts
- Inter-office mail duties
- Maintaining and replenishing office supply inventory and anticipate needed supplies and verification of receipts
- Manage phone calls and correspondence via email, letters, packages, etc.
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Reports directly to Vice-President Site Operations
- Regular interaction with all departments and groups within Epocal as well as external clients and vendors
- Forward thinking
- Professional demeanour, self-starter and team player
- Ability to complete a high volume of data entry, along with close attention to detail
- Ability to accurately complete required daily tasks in a timely manner
- Focus on customer service needs to be a priority for visitors and internal clients at all levels of the organization
- Overall fast pace and changing environment to be more quality focused
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising limited discretion and independent judgement in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Extended periods of sitting/computer use
- Occasional kneeling and crouching
- Light to moderate lifting on occasion to transport materials, equipment and/or literature
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- College diploma in Office Administration preferred and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- 8-10 years of executive and/or administrative assistant experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.