Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens Energy.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Senior Buyer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Carrying out all purchasing activities in the area of operative materials for which the post-holder will be responsible.
- Will manage projects with a medium to high degree of difficulty and/or larger Purchasing Volumes/Values.
- Optimise the objective of optimizing supply and generating a contribution to operating profit/EBIT while taking into account optimisation of the total cost of ownership.
- For strategic material, support the Cluster leads, Global commodity Managers and colleagues buying similar components.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchase or equivalent qualification. Degree level of ability.
- Experience in Purchasing in a manufacturing environment, aware of purchasing techniques including both direct and indirect spend.
- Ability to support the development of processed and a working knowledge of SAP would be beneficial.
- Ability to run cross- functional teams and projects.
- Experience of purchasing and negotiating on a global basis, with multi-cultural suppliers.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary but we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th July
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time