Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In your new role as a Senior Functional Safety Engineer, you will define safety goals and requirements for sensors and other equipment that are used for perception in autonomous driving vehicles.
- You will guide the development of safety-relevant components and software up to ASIL D.
- Furthermore, you will tailor processes to be compliant with applicable functional safety standards.
- You will test and supervise software and its integration into a software platform.
- In addition, you will implement specifications and documentation of software.
- You will support R&D and engineering organization with deep knowledge and experience in Functional safety and relevant Directives and Standards.
- Delivering presentations to stakeholders will be another element of your role.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You have completed a Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline
- You have 5+ years of safety engineering experience preferably in the automotive domain.
- You have experience and knowledge in the area of sensors used for perception in autonomous driving.
- You have strong analysis, design and problem-solving skills, along with a strong sense for strategy in fast changing markets.
- You have excellent knowledge and experience with ISO 26262 and related standards in e.g. rail, industry or avionics domain and good understanding of trends in autonomous driving standardization such as SOTIF.
- You have a good understanding of cyber security challenges and good knowledge in testing and simulation of self-driving vehicles
- You are a strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English and familiarity with German language is added advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time