Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You are working in a global agile software development team to implement integrated IoT solutions in the broader sphere of autonomous driving applications.
- You support us in the design, implementation and testing as well as documentation of innovative software solutions - from data collection of field data, to runtime monitoring of embedded systems and communication links, to running mobility services on the edge, up to linking the data flow into the backend.
- You support to setup and maintain the network in various installations considering cyber security aspects
- You are part of a team of IoT integration development experts.
- You contribute to requirement engineering and create technical specifications.
- You are working in continuous release cycles, using DevOps and CI/CD into local and world-wide installations.
- You are responsible for the software code quality and ensure the realization of state-of-the-art security & safety requirements.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You hold a master’s degree in information technology, mathematics, physics or engineering. You have gained first relevant experience in developing industry software solutions and proven in several projects. In addition, you have very good knowledge of relevant programming languages (e.g., C++, Python, Shell Script, Perl, C).
- You have experience in system integration, data communication (e.g. MQTT, ROS, DDS) and technologies of the edge (e.g. Linux, Docker).
- You have experience in network design and setup, an understanding of network security concepts and the according implementation (e.g., Packet Filters, IDS, DOS Mitigation or Proxies). In addition, experience with heterogeneous network deployment and administration and with Unix and Unix-like operating systems (e.g., Bind, ntp, isc-dhcp, squid, snmp, sed, awk or grep)
- You have first experience with mobility services and the automotive domain. Knowledge of related standards is a plus.
- You have the experience of working with virtual teams and in an agile environment - good communication skills and the use of dedicated techniques to realize virtual and distributed projects.
- You are a strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English and familiarity with German language is added advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time