We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to create intelligent solutions and perfect places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Region Europe, as part of Siemens Smart Infrastructure, with around 7’400 colleagues, is responsible for the solution and service business being market leader in Europe. We are a major contributor with a comprehensive customer base ranging from small companies to large corporate accounts.
The headquarters office of Region Europe is based in Zurich, where the General Management and People Excellence (GMPE) team is in charge of setting the standards for competence management to support new ways of working and business models.
We are looking for a motivated colleague with previous P&L experience and passion about organizational development who can act as a business partner to the regional executives; delivering tools and programs that drive overall bottom-line performance.
Your new responsibilities
- Development and implementation of the Branch Transparency and Systematics Program, which includes:
- Driving performance with transparency and benchmarking, while using the established Business Essential and Business Dashboard that combines operational and financial KPIs, including HR data
- Defining staffing standards, i.e. targets for field operations to manage capacity based on expected performance
- Developing appropriate/optimal organizational structure depending on business mix and performance in all countries in Region Europe, in order to ensure that the organizational setup matches the needs
- Defining the process for headcount governance with the intention of aligning performance, commitments and resource planning
- Enhancement of the enablers supporting the strategic planning process for General Management in Countries
- Development of additional initiatives aiming to support and develop General Management in RSS Europe
Your skills and experience
- University degree. A Master’s degree in business administration would be a plus.
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Previous experience working as a General Manager (Managing Director, Branch Manager, or comparable)
- Practical experience in a leading role implementing Staffing Standards, Strategic Workforce Planning processes, Organizational restructuring, Headcount Governance concepts, or byproducts
- Clear understanding of Change Management processes. Familiarity with Coaching Technics, Agile Working Methods and Systemic Leadership principles would be a plus
- Experience in navigating successfully in a complex organizational structure and working in a very international environment in distributed topic driven teams
- Ability to clearly communicate the objectives and benefits of a project to senior management managers, with the objective of getting their endorsement and support to drive the adoption
- Flexible and self-motivated with a pro-active workstyle
- Business fluent in English. German would be a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform. Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact email@example.com mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either