Siemens Mobility is seeking an accomplished leader to run its North American Rail Signaling and Electrification Businesses. We are a separately led company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, we are constantly innovating our portfolio in our core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related customer services. With digitalization, we are enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire life-cycle, improve passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Siemens Mobility is continuously developing intelligent rail automation solutions to provide greater efficiency and optimization for the rail transportation market. Siemens is a world market leader to the mass transit and freight industries specializing in PTC on-board solutions, grade crossing protection systems, signaling products, electronic interlockings, automatic train control systems, operations control systems and rail-it solutions, and yard solutions. We'd love to have you check us out and join our team!
Website https://new.siemens.com/us/en/products/mobility.htmlGeneral Summary
The Head of our Rail Signaling and Electrification business will provide overall strategic and operational leadership for Siemens Mobility’s North American Rail Infrastructure business. The leader will have responsibility for operations, engineering, and sales. The focus of the position is for outstanding achievement of profit, growth, customer and employee satisfaction as you direct the existing team of 825 employees plus also plan for future growth!Reporting Relationships
The position reports to the President of Siemens Mobility, Inc in North America with accountability to the global Rail Infrastructure executive team. The position runs the complete leadership team of the North American Rail Infrastructure business, currently spread across 6 US locations. The role encompasses overall responsibility for three major manufacturing facilities, a robust and complex project management and engineering organization, operational and functional departments, and a customer region encompassing the United States and Canada.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic leadership and fosters high level performance in the delivery of rail solutions to the North America region.
- Designs, implements, and continuously monitors organizational growth plans to increase revenue, market share, and profit margins.
- Works with the Siemens Mobility, Inc CEO and Siemens Mobility global executive leadership to develop strategic plans for the region that ensure top performance and cultivates enhanced market share and brand reputation.
- Develops, implements and executes operational plans that ensure timely strategic goal achievement.
- Champions strong customer and industry relationships and develops collaborative partnerships that align with both global and regional strategies and drives business growth and success.
- Maintains and broadens personal contacts with major customers, key engineering and Contractor firms, and potential customers where position status would be a key factor in relationship.
- Represents Siemens Mobility and networks with executive and client leadership at industry associations, professional or community organizations to enhance the business image and success.
- Provides sales, technical, finance, marketing and management consultation to managers and provides executive presence and sales assistance in major sales situations.
- Teams with other Siemens Mobility businesses to provide total customer rail solutions in the North America region.
- Participates in relevant M&A opportunities in North America in alignment with global projects and initiatives.
- Leads the reporting functions and departments of the business in alignment with established targets and organizational culture.
- Works with leadership and human resources to provide a positive employee experience that fosters strong employee engagement.
- Informs and advises the Siemens Mobility CEO and global executive leadership on matters that influence and impact business performance.
- Provides leadership that aligns and challenges the workforce, encourages loyalty and promotes fulfillment of the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance and represents the business in relationships with local, state and federal governing agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Management, or related field required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive leadership experience in the rail industry is required.
- Must show proven experience driving growth and high impact results in related industry.
- Ability to travel as needed required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills.
- Positive relationship building skills.
- Ability to handle complex work responsibilities and multiple priorities.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Effective team leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and delegation skills.
- Ability to perform in an autonomous environment.
- Strong knowledge of the rail industry and market trends.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.