During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Java UI Developer, Software Engineer – Senior
Design and implement new features and refactor existing code in Java client of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ in order to support additional functionality, better performance and improved user workflows.
Maintain quality and backward compatibility while making large-scale changes to existing software.
This position reports to the Manager of the Core Framework team in the Platform department working on Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Design, create and document high-quality, extensible software.
- Maneuver a large code base containing hundreds of modules and millions of lines of code.
- Travel when necessary (up to 3%) to collaborate with other teams.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Communicate project status during regular meetings.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
position requires at least a master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 3 years’ progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development
a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 5 years’ progressive, post baccalaureate experience in software design and development.
- Programming Java clients in Swing/NetBeans (the framework, not the IDE) or a similar framework.
- Application development with large-scale datasets and stringent performance and quality requirements.
- Navigating large, legacy code bases.
- Developing a scientific or engineering software application.
- Using a distributed version control system such as Git.
- Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
- Facility with modern IDEs.
- Austin TX noted as work location, however, Melville NY and Lebanon NH would also work.
- Programming in modern C++.
- Programming web applications.
- Expertise in Physics and Mathematics.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.