Blade Design Aerodynamics Engineer
Offshore wind power plays a critical role in securing a renewable energy future. You can be a part of a rapidly growing industry with forecasted 25x increase in offshore wind energy capacity by 2050. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is the world leader in offshore wind power with a growing backlog and strong investments in Offshore R&D.
The SGRE Blade Design department in Boulder, Colorado, helps drive the growth of the offshore wind industry by designing the longest composite structures in the world. Our blades lower the cost of energy through technology innovation. The department is composed of international multi-disciplinary experts in aerodynamics, acoustics, structures, loads, and controls working concurrently in an enriching open-office concept. Our world-class center offers an open, inspiring, and diverse working environment located in downtown Boulder, Colorado - an amazing place to work and live with the Rocky Mountains at your doorstep and 300 days of sunshine.
SGRE is led by engineers that turn curiosity and passion for change into renewable solutions. As a Blade Design Aerodynamics engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop into a leading role in blade design projects and take advantage of a strong expert engineer career path.
Come join us and contribute to the worldwide expansion of offshore wind energy. Make real what matters, clean energy for generations to come.
As a Blade Design Aerodynamics Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Designing the external shape of wind turbine blades
• Maintaining and developing tools and workflows for aeroelastic blade design and performance
• Performing computational analysis and design of airfoils and blades
• Collaborating with a diverse group of engineers in a global, team-based environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Blade Design Aerodynamics Engineers are required to possess the following:
• M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum three (3) years of work experience with a strong background in design and analysis
• A track record working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary engineering teams
• Strong programming proficiency
• Self-motivation and a sense of urgency to drive and inspire
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, chief engineers, and management both orally and in written reports
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Blade Design Aerodynamics Engineers are desired to possess the following:
• Expertise in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Expertise with MATLAB, Python, and FORTRAN
• Experience leading engineering projects
• Track record of creating novel solutions to engineering problems
• Ability to take abstract problems and create concrete execution plans
• Experience working in a large international company
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.