The Design Engineer, depending upon experience, shall be able to carry out design and design production checks on all aspects of Signalling systems as instructed by more senior Engineers, developing through the range of standard trackside equipment to more complex conceptual design work.
To produce and production check to the required quality and safety standards; estimates, plans, designs and engineering details for Signalling schemes. Engineer or modify Signalling systems in support of the safe implementation of projects as directed by the Lead Design Engineer.
What are my responsibilities?
- Carry out design and design production checks on Signalling systems as instructed by more senior Engineers.
- Provide functional support and guidance to the Assistant Design Engineer(s) within the team on all aspects of Signal Design within allocated projects.
- Assist in the preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for Signalling projects.
- Ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of Signalling system work as instructed.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, company procedures and standards.
- Perform duties as directed, from time to time, by the Lead Design Engineer in connection with Signalling design activities.
- Carry out testing and commissioning of Signalling systems as instructed by more senior Engineers.
- Manage own budget/allocated hours for given tasks
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Experience in Railway Signalling practices and principles (essential)
- Hold IRSE Design License - 1.1.510 (essential)
- Willing to learn design processes (essential)
- Good communication and computer skillsn (essential)
- Good time, task and people management skills
- Membership of IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution
- Holder of Personal Track Safety card
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time