Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of the development team, responsible for the successful design and development of the next generation product. You will develop the electromechanical systems of the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You will be a strong technical resource, having responsibilities in wide range of product development lifecycle, such as ideation, design, analysis, prototyping, documentation, verification, validation, and manufacturing transfer. You have a strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles of capital equipment as well as strong analytical skills, such as static, dynamic, forward and inverse kinematic, and vibration analysis applied to articulated robotic arms. You must be highly proficient with current development tools, practices and processes and must be experienced in subsystem integration. Ideal candidates have designed and developed articulated arms and joints for robotic applications utilizing internal and external resources.
- Responsible for design, and development of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical sub-systems, including kinematic analysis and joint design.
- Applies strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical) aimed at Guaranteed-by-Design implementation.
- Assists in defining design inputs, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Utilizes novel software tools to refine complex mechanical or electromechanical designs.
- Project management responsibilities which may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MSc. preferred
- Proficiency with SolidWorks required
- 5-7 yrs experience (for MSc. and BSc., respectively) in the product development role required, medical device experience is highly preferred.
- Extensive machine design experience, preferably containing, precision moving parts and complex mechanism and assemblies required.
- Experience with the design and analyses of articulated arms and joints highly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills in mechanical domain (such as static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis) are required.
- Proficiency in software tools such as: FEA, Enventive (or other tolerance analysis tools), MATLAB, Simulink/Simscape, and LabVIEW is preferred
- Project management experience highly preferred
- Experience integrating industrial design and human factors in design preferred.
- Experience managing external vendors preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.