Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Site Manager for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Site Manager position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated results/experience in the following areas: Employee Health & Safety, Project Management, Performance Management, Staffing, Training assessments, Quality, Compliance, Financial Management, Customer Orientation, and Risk Management. This position will have commercial responsibility for successful on-site operations, drive continuous process improvements, and hold overall responsibility for site performance
Additionally, the Site Manager position requires the candidate to be able to ascend to heights up to 250 feet or greater, work in confined spaces, discern colors and meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds. A medical practitioner will assess successful candidates to ensure they meet these requirements at all times during their employment.
The Wind Site Manager position is located in Arkwright, NY
• Leading Safety Culture onsite
• Ensuring employee health and safety policies and procedures are followed
• Hold overall responsibility for site performance
• Commercial responsibility for successful onsite operations
• Drive continuous process improvements
• Training assessments (technical and non technical)
• Operational risk management
• Performance reviews for technicians
• Administer disciplinary actions for all violations of SGRE Standards of Behavior
• Administer Compliance initiatives
• Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
• Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum three years Wind Experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 3+ plus years Wind experience with an Associates or Trade School Degree/Certification.
• Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
• Management and/or Team Leadership experience
• An understanding and commitment to a Safe Work Culture
• SAP proficiency
• Strong communication skills
• Conflict resolution experience
• Contract management experience
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.