What we focus on:
At Siemens Mobility Engineering in the Czech Republic, in collaboration with our colleagues from abroad, we develop modern rolling stock. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing sub-systems and cross-sectional characteristics.
What our goal is:
We strive for our rolling stock to achieve a high degree of safety and reliability. We are interested in every aspect of operation so that the vehicles work excellently as a whole. We look for solutions for achieving the lowest energy demands by combining various approaches to energy management on board of the train.
In the Electrical Integration department, our primary domain is the implementation of electrical sub-systems, both in terms of HW component design and in terms of SW development for superior train control. We are also responsible for the correct design of the entire output circuit, from pantograph to engine, including traction-change control.
The Power Transmission team deals with the comprehensive design of the vehicle’s electrical equipment – i.e. traction system design and the development of superior drive controls, but also the development of testing tools for testing drive SW.
- We design and develop SW for superior control of traction drives and braking-system control.
- We analyse requirements, design the architecture, and define the interface.
- We focus on the design, development, implementation, testing and examination of control SW as well as the actual design of SW tools for testing control SW.
- We provide support during vehicle commissioning.
- Tertiary education focused on electric drives or control systems
- Knowledge of programming SW for real-time control and of transferring control data via communication busbars
- Experience with the process of designing, developing, testing and maintaining SW that performs safety-relevant functions (SIL>0)
- English or German for everyday communication
- Practical experience in the control of traction drives or in the control of rolling-stock braking systems an advantage
- Hiring bonus in the amount of CZK 100,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- contributions towards pension and life insurance
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time