Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable software engineer to join the R&D team developing Design-for-Test tools as part of the Tessent product line. These advanced tools are a key part of the industry-leading Tessent platform and are vital to our customers’ success in silicon validation of ICs. The focus will be on developing solutions for logic test. Development will be done in C++ on a Linux platform.
The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing software products/features. This includes design, writing specifications, planning, schedule estimation, implementation, and thorough testing. Challenges include the ability to develop complete and efficient solutions within a large and complex code base, and integrate them with existing products. High productivity, exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to architect and implement high-quality and maintainable software are key. Equally crucial for success are strong teamwork and communication skills, self-drive, and a positive can-do attitude.
Ideal candidates would possess the following qualifications:
• MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or other
• 3+ years of Software Engineering experience in C++, and optionally Tcl.
• Solid understanding of software architecture best practices, object-oriented
programming, and design patterns.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Experience with software development on Linux, and development tools such as
• Knowledge of digital logic design along with hardware description languages,
• Background in DFT, particularly logic test.
• Preferably possess design flow knowledge, including synthesis, simulation, formal
verification, timing exceptions, layout, and clock-tree synthesis.
• Experience in using or developing EDA tools is a plus.
• Attention to details and high-quality work.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.