Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
To track market dynamics, cultivate, leverage and maintain customer relationship, proactively determine customers’ needs and potential opportunities for Industrial Steam Projects ( Steam turbine ) business in the region within the framework of policies and guidelines of Siemens with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals of the department.
- Collect market information, track forthcoming projects and prepare project list, monitor competitor’s activities, organize presentations & seminars to facilitate registration with consultants / clients, send product information mailers, maintain customer contact in order to create awareness of Siemens products and favorably influence customers.
- Identify potential customers, build and maintain relationship with new and existing customers, understand the drivers for customers’ business in order to improve Siemens prospect’s for project acquisition.
- Continuously maintain and update the market information including competitors’ activities, market and industry trends in the region in order to enable the management to analyze and work out strategies.
- Inform the sales team on the customer organization and the supporters/non-supporters within, help the sales group in contract negotiations by monitoring competitor activities at the prospective customers’ end, networking for negotiations, attend techno-commercial discussions and follow-up with customers and timely feed back in order to ensure proper offer follow-up, improve offer competitiveness and prospect for project acquisition.
- Support the PM function during Order execution phase for customers in the region with respect to follow-up payment collection and order specific approvals and intervene to resolve issues where required in order to enable smooth/efficient execution of the project.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Have experience in handling industrial customers in the region. Sound Knowledge and Experience in handling senior level managers and executives.
- Target oriented and able to handle high pressure environment of Sales.
- Able to handle fair bit of travel to various customer locations.
- Analyzing trends in the market.
- Marketing high value equipment.
- Maintaining customer relations over long periods of time including cold calls.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Chennai /Hyderabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time