As an embedded Senior Firmware Developer for Siemens Building Products, you will participate within teams to improve and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing products to satisfy customer needs and develop a platform to migrate the Propriety APOGEE System and the BACnet APOGEE system to the upgraded Global hardware platforms.
Design, implement, test, solve, and enhance software applications for building automation components and sub-systems. Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality. Build and review documentation for internal process and external customer support. Collaborate with Sr Engineers to understand market requirements to implement product designs. Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation. Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment. Follow detailed Siemens development processes. Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews. Hardworking and motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to know the newest technology trends. Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor of Computer Science or related field
- Required experience: Minimum 8+ years of System One and Apogee Platform. Shown experience in assisting senior-level executives and their teams, with the proven ability to handle details and priorities in a fast-paced, driven environment in a high-tech company. Proficient in C+, C++, Python and Microsoft Office applications.
- Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- Driven to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Able to work patiently with others in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Proactively shares knowledge across own organization.
- Outstanding communication, organization and efficiency.
- Motivated with a proven track record of working independently with minimal direction.
- Effectively represents company’s image in internal/external communications.
- Strategic and creative problem solver.
- Previous managerial experience is helpful.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
We seek to hire top talent and arm them with the chance to define Their career! Siemens is an excellent place to have a career in an innovative business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they stay with us.
We're proud to offer generous compensation, flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing and full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.