Siemens Customer Services is the service arm for Siemens Mobility rolling stock products (Light Rail Vehicles, and Main Line Transit Vehicles (locomotives and coaches), covering customer needs throughout North America. Customer Services is in search of a Project Manager to work in its vehicle contract services product line.
As a project manager for new vehicle contracts, you will expand and improve the current service vision for these products and develop an ongoing strategy of service improvement, product sales growth, contract execution, and contract management. The project manager will analyze market and competitive conditions to strike a clear path toward the business value of partnering with Siemens and move the offering to the next level of growth and success.
This position requires cross-functional leadership. As the vehicle contract services Project Manager, you will work with various groups within the Siemens organization, and collaborate with customers to meet the needs and expectations of their contract projects. You must possess communication skills to listen and articulate to a wide spectrum of individuals in different disciplines. Through this work you will work to ensure contract level obligations are developed, confirmed, performed, and thoroughly executed on time and on budget.
The responsibilities of the vehicle contract services Project Manager includes analyzing vehicle contracts covering the portion related to Siemens Customer Services, developing this analysis into a successful bid response, and laying the foundation for successful execution once the contract is won. You will then use this information to pursue the contract execution plan and manage the project through to contract completion. Additionally, you will change and grow the current portfolio of services and contract approaches to adapt to changing market conditions.
Contract quantities, sizes, and duration will vary in accordance with the vehicle contracts and the successful candidate will be one who can stay on task and timeline, while handling and multi-tasking the needs of several contract projects at the same time. In Siemens Customer Services these projects are treated as “businesses within the business” and the successful candidate will take ownership of each contract project as assigned and manage them using business ownership principles.
General position responsibilities
- Manages the products, solutions, and/or services assigned with full responsibility for the results, including definition of customer and market requirements, growth & profit strategies, business planning, road mapping, resource planning, and execution.
- Understand contract obligations at both the bid and the project execution phases.
- Comfortable with negotiation practices and techniques, as well as managing project contract obligations in alignment with customer service and business goals.
- Constantly observe the market including internal and external factors as well as relevant competitors' product(s), solution(s) and/or service(s) to adjust product strategies and paths forward.
- Establish, develop, and manages or synchronize a relevant cross functional team necessary to support the business goals of the product and services.
- Co-create and collaborate on project best practices with other project managers and management.
- Incorporate market feedback including customer insights for continuous improvement of the service program(s).
- Create, develop and refine relevant performance metrics based on contracted service obligations.
- Contribute to activities to continuously improve the vehicle contract services product and execution.
- Communicate to all levels of authority within Siemens and within customer organizations.
- Independently perform the full range of standard work for the professional field.
- with most situations.
- Know customer needs through contract analysis, research, and market data.
- Create long and short-term order and sales forecasts and analysis for management.
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand.
- Develop execution plans for contract products and services, negotiate solutions with customers, and work on bid development teams.
- Bachelors Degree in Business discipline required. Master’s degree in a business/technical discipline is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Heavy industry and technical experience a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Microsoft Office proficient. Salesforce, and SAP experience a plus.
- Must be able to handle stress and make decisions in a challenging environment.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.