The Regional Director of Operations supports the business internally and in the field, directing day-to day operation of the production facilities under their supervision. The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for operational effectiveness, financial performance, training and managing staff and other resources in their designated region. This role provides senior leadership, direction & decision-making for all production operations. The Regional Director is accountable to organize, execute and support the long-term strategic objectives of the organization and to ensure the delivery of high quality radio-pharmaceuticals and outstanding patient care on behalf of PETNET Solutions, a multi-national, wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens Molecular Imaging. PETNET is the worldwide leader in the manufacturing and distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or positron emission tomography.
Emphasis is placed on site performance, financial monitoring, operational excellence, productivity, compliance and an overall culture of organizational efficiency. The position is accountable or the operational effectiveness and execution of process improvements required to delivering high quality radio-pharmaceuticals to a global network of customers.
The position reports into the Vice President of US Operations for PETNET Solution. It is part of the PETNET MI IM HC organization. There are currently seven Regional Director positions and one Sr. Regional Director position in the group.
· Lead a regional network of radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution center and manage the daily business operations including customer service and relationships, product pricing, internal and external regulatory authorities, financial budgeting and performance and personnel recruiting and management.
· Implement short and long term business strategies in support of PETNET’s Mission, Vision and Strategy.
· Facilitate business expansion efforts including site build out, staffing, equipment purchase and install, licensure and training
· Assure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards including cGMP, radiation safety, pharmacy laws, DOT, EHS, and internal policies and interpretations of the above
· Implement cost control and operational efficiency strategies that lower the COGS across the regional network
· Derive and implement cost control and operational efficiency strategies that lower the COGS across the regional network
· Drive productivity through implementation of new technology, products and processes into daily operations
· Evaluate business plans of new endeavors and new initiatives to improve the overall operation and performance of the region
· Work cross functionally with sales, service and other supporting function to successfully implement strategic initiatives
· Develop and advance key strategic relationships including customers, vendors, host institutions, Siemens partners, etc.
· Develop leaders with the regional team to ensure continuous improvement and training of production personnel
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the development and/or production of PET biomarkers used in Phase 3 clinical trials or commercial operations
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
• Excellent attention to detail in the execution of job responsibilities
• Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
• Travel as required to perform job function
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· PharmD, B.S. or M.S. degree in chemistry, biology or related sciences
Masters degree in business is preferred
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: PETNET Solutions, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.