Production Engineer: Bogies and Carshells
The successful candidate will serve as the technical liaison between the Engineering departments in Sacramento, CA and Graz Austria and manufacturing personnel in Sacramento, CA to ensure proper implementation of design drawings and guidelines. In addition, candidates must have fundamental understanding of machine design and solid mechanic strength assessment concepts to enable technical communication with design and simulation / calculation staff. This role reports to our Mechanical Engineering Director and is located in Sacramento, CA.
- Completes complex material and system specifications, technical reports and technical proposals, and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation and integration.
- Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions.
- Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
- Performs internal and external communication of complex technical and commercial issues.
- Prepares or approves work instructions.
- Supports warehouse incoming inspections.
- Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
- Performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Supports localization effort for truck frame manufacturing and complete truck assemblies.
- Supports machining and measurement protocols with review and approval of reference definitions.
- Resolves complex structural steel manufacturing and tolerance issues.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing required.
- Supports Procurement department with material sourcing opportunities and interpretation of design requirements and US guidelines.
- Prepares drawings and associated bill of materials as required.
- Works with Change Manager to expedite changes within the organization to ensure timely implementation to maintain project schedule.
- Must be capable of researching, understanding, and implementation of requirements related to structural welding for various material types (carbon steel and stainless steel) meeting USA regulatory, and specification requirements.
- Provides technical support and dispositions for production articles as required. Where necessary, prepares modification instructions.
- Performs clearance and integration testing/checking on vehicle test stands.
- Supports electrical subassembly with drawing, bill of material, and specification interpretation and troubleshooting.
- Attends shop floor and team meetings providing support as assigned.
- And other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Training as a welder and certification as a welding inspector a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP or other enterprise management tools, CREO, and AutoCAD required.
- Knowledge regarding structural design and welding technologies is required. Detailed knowledge of welding standards (AWS D1.1, EN 15085, DVS 1612 for example) is a plus.
- Understanding of jig and fixture design methodologies required.
- Required education: Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering/Technology or equivalent required.
- Required experience: 3-5 years of experience in rail vehicle systems engineering and/or manufacturing/industrial engineering.
- Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Required travel: 5%
- Knowledge and experience with industry bogie design, verification and validation specifications is a plus.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.