Siemens Industry Inc. is looking for a Buyer to join their team at their facility in New Kensington, PA. In this role, the candidate will work closely with Strategic Procurement, Supplier Quality, Project Management, Manufacturing and Engineering to plan orders and purchase material/components based on customer/project needs. This person will focus on meeting assigned delivery reliability targets while managing inventory to achieve optimal inventory levels and inventory turnover targets, as well as track, monitor and expedite part shortages. This position reports to the Source Manager.
Responsible for the purchasing activity for assigned direct purchase parts for both intercompany and 3rd party to support manufacturing product lines. Obtain pricing from approved supply base, issue purchase orders, resolve supply issues to meet customer demand and resolve invoicing issues. Determine source models, planning levels, inventory accuracy and maintain material master and information records in SAP.
- Executes Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
- Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines).
- Prepares and supports negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings.
- Generates, documents and implements savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Participates in Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification).
- Supplier relationship management
- Ensures a close cooperation with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement.
- Provides supplier information to internal business partners
- Support planning and coordination of new product introduction or product changes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies moderately complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues.
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or equivalent education in related field (i.e. Supply Chain)
- Ability to manage the efficient supply of special and custom design components
- Lean process focus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must possess excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- A Team Player that can take the lead and guide peer departments and functions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Supply Chain Management Preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Proficient in SAP
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.